Wednesday, December 04, 2013

How To Send Email Safely While Driving

Last Wednesday I was driving on I-20 to visit family for Thanksgiving when my son Timothy asked me, "How did you do that?"

"What?"

"I just got an email from you. But you're driving, and you're not holding your phone. How did you do that?"


I explained I use a free Gmail plugin called Boomerang to schedule emails. As a pastor of a new church, promoting events and emphases (such as the "10 Days of Prayer for Cotton Ridge" that my son was referencing) is in my hands to a large degree. I scheduled 10 emails to go out at 2pm each day to encourage our members to pray for our church. (Boomerang allows 10 scheduled emails each month for free accounts.) I also used Facebook's post-scheduler to send out updates at the same time.

Why 2pm? Because people that study such things tell us that mid-afternoon is an optimal time for people to check their email or Facebook account.

By the way, it should go without saying that you should NOT be on your phone sending emails or texting while driving. If it's that important, find a safe place to park and type away!

signature

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home