Sunday, September 30, 2012

Why Cotton Ridge Church Is Awesome - It Is On Mission with God

Micah 6:8 says that the Lord requires us to do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God. The good people of Cotton Ridge Church are living that out.

There is a marvelous lady in the town of Levelland, Texas who has come upon very difficult times. She has cancer, and her house is in serious disrepair. On Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012, instead of meeting at the church campus to worship God in private, Cotton Ridge Church gathered at the lady's house. There, they had a devotional, fed lunch to the neighborhood, and began repairing the house.

What made the day extra special for me is that all this occurred on my first Sunday as Lead Pastor. And it's not like the church waited for the pastor to do this. These plans were already set in place. I only found out that I would be in Levelland four days before. I'm so grateful to God for working out my schedule with perfect timing.

Here's a brief video I took with my cell phone. It's what worship sounds like.


Below are some additional pictures of the worship service:


















To be a part of a church that is on mission with God is an answer to my prayers. Let's keep it up!

signature

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home